‘Pakeezah’ actress Geeta Kapoor cremated by her daughter secretly

‘Pakeezah’ actress Geeta Kapoor was cremated by her daughter Aaradhya, who is an air-hostess by profession. She arrived 30 hours after her mom’s death from nowhere and cremated her quietly on Sunday night, without informing Ashoke Pandit or Ramesh Taurani, who helped her mother when she was abandoned by her son Raja in a hospital.

The moral remains of Geeta Kapoor were kept at Vile Parle's Cooper Hospital for two days for her son to arrive and perform the last rites but instead of her son, her daughter turned up and performed the last rites secretly. Neither the daughter nor the doctors felt the need to inform Ashoke Pandit and Ramesh Tarauni, who helped Geeta Kapoor in her pain.  

Ashoke Pandit took to Twitter to inform, "I called up the doctors to check on the matter and they informed me that the actress’ last rites have been done by daughter Aradhaya, last night.  They didn’t want anybody to be present and son is still nowhere in the scene.”

He also took to his Twitter account and shared, "The daughter & sisters of late actress #GeetaKapoor Ji performed her last rites, late last night. Even though Dr. Tripathi, Old Age Home sisters, #ArchanaShourie & I requested them to inform us so that we, who stood by her pain, are part of her last journey. But they didn’t. Sad!”

Though Ashoke Pandit did all the needful to cheer up Geeta Kapoor, her health deteriorated with every passing day as she longs to meet her son Raja who abandoned her in a hospital never to return again. Till the last day, Geeta murmured 'Mera Raja Aayega'.

Pandit was quoted as saying, "My anger is increasing by the minute. Raja hasn't arrived for the last rites. Yes, as I said earlier we will wait for 2 days as that's the law if no family member has come forward. It is a shame that he hasn't turned up yet."

Pandit further told, "She was barely on some liquid diet, she had gone blank, and all that I heard from her even two days before her death when I met her was 'Mera Raja Aayega'."

Months ago, Geeta Kapoor was admitted to the Mumbai Cooper hospital by her son Raja Kapoor. He got her admitted and had left the hospital on the pretext of withdrawing money from an ATM to pay the bills but never came back. When the medical bills reached to about Rs 1.5 lakh after a month, the hospital authorities contacted the police.

Geeta Kapoor was once quoted as saying, "He used to beat me up as I did not approve of his philandering ways. He would give me food once in four days, and sometimes, even lock me up for several days. I was not ready to go to an old-age home, that’s why, he planned all this. He deliberately kept me hungry and I fell ill. Then, he got me admitted and fled."

May her soul rest in peace!