Man dies on the set of Anushka Sharma starrer ‘Pari’


A tragic incident took place on the set of Anushka Sharma starrer ‘Pari’. An electrician named Shah Alam, aged 28 allegedly came in contact with a live wire during the shooting. The incident took place in South 24 Parganas district of West Bengal where the shooting of the film was underway.

He probably touched the live wire in a bamboo bush at the location spot, a senior police officer said. Another report said that when Shah was asked to shift few lights from one corner to another, he might have stepped into on a live wire and got electrocuted.

The incident took place at the shooting location at Korolberia under Leather Complex police station limits.

"We are looking into the matter. The body has been sent for post-mortem and we are waiting for the report. Primarily, it seems that he died of electrocution. The scene was being shot around a bamboo bush where lights were fitted to illuminate the objects and the main characters. He probably touched one of the live wires," the officer added.

Alam, who hails from Uttar Pradesh was immediately taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead. The shooting of the film has been stopped.

'Pari', produced by Anushka Sharma is a horror love story directed by debutant Prosit Roy. It also stars Bengali actor Parambrata Chatterjee.