Malayalam actor Sanusha Santhosh molested on train

Malayalam actress Sanusha Santhosh molested on train while she was travelling on Maveli Express. Sanusha not only raised her voice but called others for help but nobody cared to help her.

The 23-year-old actor was molested while she was travelling to Thiruvananthapuram.

It so happened that Sanusha was sleeping on the upper berth of the train and she woke up early morning to find a man rubbing his hand against her lips. She raised her voice and called for help but shockingly no one bothered to come to her rescue. Narrating the incident to NDTV, Sanusha said, “I opened my eyes as I felt something against my lips. I was shocked to see a man’s hand. I held on to his hand and twisted his fingers. I tried reaching out to a person in the berth below me for help but he didn’t bother. I was shouting but no one cared to respond. This happened around 1.10 am. Just two people, scriptwriter Unni and another passenger, Renjith, came forward to help.”

Sanusha did not backed off, she showed courage and went to look for TTE (Train Ticket Examiner). Her molester was nabbed by railway police. “Once the TTE came and got the information, he called the next railway station and the railway police were informed. When we reached Thrissur half an hour later, the railway police arrested him. I gave my statement and continued my journey to Thiruvananthapuram in the same train,” said Sanusha.

In her another interview, Sanusha pointed out the insincerity of people who only express their outrage on social media and least care in real life. Depressed about nobody came to her help, she said, “I think people’s protest and outrage begin and end on Facebook. But when you’re confronted with a real-life situation, nobody cares or reacts.” Adding to it she said, “Probably if I had put up a status on Facebook, there would have been many more people showing support, saying “I’m with Sanusha” and changing their display pictures. However, as a woman I want members of the community to stand up for me at times when such incidents happen, not just later on social media. It is really disheartening and I have lost faith in the society.”

An FIR has been filed under IPC section 354 and the accused has been sent to custody for 14 days.