Hrithik Roshan opts out of ‘Thug’ for ‘Dhoom 4’?


Bollywood hunk Hrithik Roshan who just turned 42, has apparently walked out of Yash Raj Films’ ‘Thug’, according to a DNA report. The action-packed movie to be helmed by Vijay Krishna Acharya is expected to go on floors this month.

Although the exact reason for his decision is not clear, it is said that his participation in the fourth instalment of heist franchise ‘Dhoom’ could be the reason. According to reports, Hrithik who was a part of ‘Dhoom 2’, will return as the baddie in ‘Dhoom Reloaded’. Interestingly, this film will also be directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya who has previously directed him in ‘Dhoom 2’ and ‘Bang Bang’.

A few days ago, there were reports that Hrithik was apprehensive of doing ‘Thug’ and had reportedly told producer Aditya Chopra that he is not fully convinced to be a part of the movie. “Hrithik isn’t yet on board this project. The film is going to have a huge budget and he wants to make sure the script is in its right place. A lot of focus has been on the special effects so he is worried that the story and plot might take a back seat,” a source was quoted as saying.

Hrithik is already starring in Ashutosh Gowariker’s epic adventure-romance film ‘Mohenjo Daro’ which is also a big budget film. The actor wants to wait and watch how the film performs when it releases and then take a decision.

As per reports, Hrithik's character in ‘Thug’ was that of a pirate modelled on the lines of Johnny Depp's role from the ‘Pirates of The Carribean’ series. Hrithik is also set to star in his father Rakesh Roshan’s production venture and ‘Aashiqui 3’ also seems to be in the pipeline.  

Meanwhile, Hrithik’s ‘Mohenjo Daro’ starring Pooja Hegde and Kabir Bedi among others is slated to release on August 12.