‘Devon Ke Dev Mahadev’ set catches fire, Mohit Raina rescued

A major fire broke out on the set of the Life OK’s popular mythological serial ‘Devon Ke Dev Mahadev’ on Tuesday afternoon. Fortunately there has been no causalities reported but there is a major loss of property. The lead actor Mohit Raina rescued. 

Fire broke out at Poman village near Vasai, Maharashtra on Tuesday afternoon. Four fire engines called in on the sets to bring down the fire.

"It is unfortunate that such an incident occurred on one of our sets in Mumbai earlier today. As a responsible channel, we ensured a timely and smooth evacuation and we are grateful that no one suffered any injuries," said the statement from the channel.

The costumes of the entire cast and some equipment were destroyed.  "However, there was a minor loss of property. We would like to thank the local authorities for their help and timely support during this. The safety and wellbeing of our team is of prime importance to us. We will soon resume our routine shoots."

"There are about four fire engines here. Thankfully, we evacuated the sets immediately, so no one was injured on the sets," show's producer, Nikhil Sinha, told Mid-Day.

Sinha added that around 200 trunks of costumes of the entire cast were destroyed by the fire.

"The serial has been airing for nearly three years now, so a considerable number of costumes and props were stacked together on the sets. It is difficult for me to assess the damage, it will be clear only after the fire has been doused," Sinha added. 

"Given that a lot of costumes and jewellery items were stocked on the sets, the damage may run into crores of rupees. Costumes of mythological shows are expensive as specially made for the show."

Producers are looking for some alternative set to resume the shooting. Mohit Raina portrays the role of Mahadev. A member of the production team of the serial said: "The lead actor, Mohit Raina, was wearing his costumes inside and he was rescued by the team."

The Valiv police are investigating the incident. Most probably, the set caught fire due to electric short-circuits.