Actual reason why Katrina stopped shooting with Ranbir


Reports are rife that the break-up of Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif has taken a toll on the shooting of ‘Jagga Jasoos’. It was reported that Katrina abandoned the shooting of the film with her ex-boyfriend and that the actress gave her dates to ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ in which she is cast opposite Siddharth Malhotra.  

‘Jagga Jasoos’ which is being co-produced by Ranbir, has already suffered many delays due to various reasons and the strained relationship between its lead actors seems to have worsened the situation. However, the film’s director Anurag Basu has put speculations to rest and denied that this was a last moment decision.

Speaking to a leading entertainment portal, the filmmaker said, “Schedules on films like these are never planned at the last moment. Dates for both ‘Jagga Jasoos’ and Nitya Mehra’s ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ were planned over five months ago and agreed on. Nitya’s schedule in Thailand is an outdoor one and many months of planning went into it.

“It was pre-planned that Ranbir Kapoor would shoot his solo portions, at the time where Katrina Kaif was to shoot for ‘Baar Baar Dekho’. The ‘Jagga Jasoos’ shoot will resume from March 6 as Katrina returns from Excel’s film. In fact, the last schedule I shot with both Ranbir and Katrina was the best one so far,” Anurag said clearing the air in the matter.

It appears that despite their split, the ex-lovers are keeping things professional.