Ustad Mubarak Ali Khan- Raag Saraswati
This is an excerpt of Ustad Mubarak Ali Khan's performance of Raag Saraswati at the Al-Hamra Art Centre in Lahore on 25th November 2011. A seasoned vocalist, Mubarak Ali Khan's gayaki is a beautiful blend of the methodological approach favoured by the legendary Ustad Amir Khan of Indore, with the spirited approach taken by musicians of the Punjab. In this excerpt, the maestro is accompanied by his son Amanat Ali Khan who provides unobstrusive vocal support. Accompanying on tabla is Sajid Ali, Shafqat Ali on the sarangi, the ustad's nephew Aamir Bashir on the harmonium whilst Ghulam Sabir and Nazeer Ahmed offer accompaniment on the tanpura.
Latest Bollywood News
- Parveen Babi’s will approved 11 years after her death
- Aaradhya hugged Ranbir, mistook him to be her dad: Aishwarya
- Sooraj Pancholi down with dengue, hospitalized
- ‘Kaabil’ teaser: Hrithik’s intriguing voice is the star; trailer on Oct 26
- Photos: Star studded Karwa Chauth at Anil Kapoor’s bunglow