Ustad Mubarak Ali Khan- Raag Saraswati
This is an excerpt of Ustad Mubarak Ali Khan's performance of Raag Saraswati at the Al-Hamra Art Centre in Lahore on 25th November 2011. A seasoned vocalist, Mubarak Ali Khan's gayaki is a beautiful blend of the methodological approach favoured by the legendary Ustad Amir Khan of Indore, with the spirited approach taken by musicians of the Punjab. In this excerpt, the maestro is accompanied by his son Amanat Ali Khan who provides unobstrusive vocal support. Accompanying on tabla is Sajid Ali, Shafqat Ali on the sarangi, the ustad's nephew Aamir Bashir on the harmonium whilst Ghulam Sabir and Nazeer Ahmed offer accompaniment on the tanpura.
Latest Bollywood News
- Shahrukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside Mannat
- Katrina Kaif, Aditya drove together for ‘Fitoor’ screening
- ‘Baahubali’ director S.S. Rajamouli summoned in fraud case
- Ranveer in Toronto to spend Valentine’s Day with Deepika
- Anushka Sharma sweating it out for ‘Sultan’