Indian Film Industry Supports Mijwan Welfare Society
Major achievements of Mijwan Welfare Society "Main akela hi chala thaa jaani-be-manzil, Magar log saath aate gaye, aur karvaan banta gaya." Kaifi Azmi Inter-College for girls, Kaifi Azmi Computer Centre and Kaifi Azmi sewing and embroidery institutions function successfully. All children in Mijwan and surrounding villages go to the Kaifi Azmi school with no dropout rate. Fashion Designers Manish Malhotra and Anita Dongre get their chikankari work done in Mijwan. Crafts of Hope, USA engage the services of the girls to produce crochet articles (pictures of work to be given to Sakhawat) to be sold on ebay. Girls from Kaifi Azmi Inter College in 2010 won the first prize at the All India Talent Contest In Jaipur for a play on women empowerment written and performed by girls themselves. Ghanshyam Prajapati, Kaifi Azmi school teacher, has been awarded the National Youth Award by the Vice President of the country Hamid Ansari. Two major fashion shows 'Mijwan Sonnets in Fabric' with leading film stars such as Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra etc were held as fundraisers for MWS.
Latest Bollywood News
- Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan to groove in ‘Nach Baliye 7’
- Ek Paheli Leela: Sunny Leone recreates Zeenat Aman’s hot look
- Shahrukh Khan pays tribute to Raj Kapoor on his new TV show
- Suzanne Khan purchased a penthouse in Pune for Rs 16 crore
- Lovebirds Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra to live-in together