Top 5 foreign actresses worked in Bollywood
From last decade, Indian film industry has seen a flood of foreign actress making their way into films. Nothing seems to be stopping them then be it the language, the culture difference or the climatic conditions. As a matter of fact these foreign faces gives a film an edge over others films, considering the fact- Indians even today are mad about Hollywood actress. Let’s have a look at top 5 foreign actresses worked in Bollywood.
5. Linda Arsenio (KabulExpress and Aloo Chat): With her cute and innocent look, Linda Arsenio has predominantly appeared in Indian films in various languages. She is probably best known for her performance as Jessica Beckham in the 2006 Hindi film KabulExpress. Her first Bollywood movie is Kabul Express. This movie was entirely shot in Afghanistan. She currently resides in Mumbai where she continues to be active in Bollywood after the success of Kabul Express. She also appeared in the Bollywood movies Mumbai Salsa , and Aloo Chat with Aftab Shivdasani.
4. Giselli Monteiro (Luv Aajkal):Giselli Monteiro made her film-debut playing the role of "Harleen Kaur" in the 2009 Bollywood film Love Aaj Kal, directed by Imtiaz Ali. She was purposely kept under wraps during the film's promotion. Following the film's release, her identity was revealed, and it was also revealed that she had approached Ali through designer Anaita to audition for the role of Jo, Saif’s Caucasian girlfriend in the second-half of the film, but, on his wife's suggestion Ali took her for Harleen's part, especially since he had not been able to cast for that role despite auditioning girls from all over India.
3. Barbara Mori (Kites):Mexican actress started modeling and later became a telenovela actress when she starred in the soap opera Azul Tequila.Her big break came in 2004, with the remake of the telenovela Rubi by rival network Televisa, in which she played the title character. Indian film producer Rakesh Roshan signed her as the leading lady for his movie Kites opposite his son, Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan. It was shot in New Mexico, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. It went into production by the end of July 2008, and was released on May 21st, 2010. Barabara was highly appreciated throughout India.
2. Alice Patten (Rang de Basanti):English actress, and the daughter of Chris Pattern, a prominent British conservative politician and the last governor of Hong Kong. She had a key role in the Hindi film Rang De Basanti (2006). She displayed excellent chemistry with Aamir Khan and her Hindi dialogue delivery was amazing.
1. Rachel Shelley (Lagaan):An English Actress and model. She was born in Swindon and graduated from SheffieldUniversity with a B.A. Hons in English and Drama. She played Elizabeth Russell in the film Lagaan. Just like Lagaan, Rachel and her role is unforgettable for audience. Rachel did full justice with her character and received appreciation world wide.