Top 5 Bollywood families
Bollywood is one big family, no? But there are actually many families within this huge family, who all specialize in their own fields. Here’s a look at the top five.
5. Bachchan Family: Easily one of the most powerful families in the industry, the Bachchans are known for their glam quotient and acting talent. ‘Paa B’ is yet to be conquered in terms of performances, and Abhishek too, has established himself pretty well. Jaya Bachchan is a well known MP and has been a top actress of her time. And of course, there is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who adds oodles of style to this family.
4. Deol Family: This family from Punjab too, is known for its power in the industry, quite literally too! Dharmendra is an iconic actor, most famous for his ‘blood sucking dialogues’ and son Sunny, for his ear shattering dialogue delivery and ‘dhai kilo ka haath’. Though Bobby couldn’t make it as big, he still holds is own. And then there is Hema Malini, and her daughter, Esha, who is now struggling with her career.
3. Khan Family: Scriptwriter Salim Khan’s family is well known in Bollywood. His second wife is yesteryear ‘dancing queen’ Helen, and his son, is of course, brat Salman. Salman also has two brothers Arbaaz and Sohail. Arbaaz is married to Malaika Arora, whose sister Amrita is also into films. Salim’s daughter Alvira is married to Atul Agnihotri of ‘Krantiveer’ fame.Agnihotri of ‘Krantiveer’ fame.
2. Chopra – Johar Family: Though this family hasn’t produced stars, it controls most of the big budget films in the industry. BR Chopra founded BR Chopra films, now run by his son Ravi. BR’s younger brother Yash is the owner of Yashraj Films, producers of many a blockbusters. His son Aditya has taken over the mantle. The second brother Vinod Chopra, founded Vinod Chopra films, which is now run by his son Vidhu Vinod Chopra, producers of the Munnabhai series. The youngest sibling Hiroo married Yash Johar of Dharma Productions. Yes you’re right! They are related. There you have it! They are the rulers of romantic films.
1. Kapoor family: The ultimate big – daddy of all ‘khaandans’ is the Kapoor family, which all started when Prithviraj Kapoor came over to India. They have been producing stars for over three generations from showman Raj, to his brothers Shashi and Rishi to their sons and daughters now. Kareena is the current queen of Bollywood, and Ranbir is set to become the biggest star in the next few years. They also rule the theatre, with the Prithvi Theatre being a much sought after venue for serious actors. Prithvi is handled by Sanjana Kapoor, who’s the daughter of Shashi Kapoor.