The most interesting facts about Big B
Amitabh Bacchan is the name that perhaps every Indian associates with unmatched brilliance, magnetic personality and extraordinary acting skills. The actor can truly be called “Shenshah” of Bollywood, who has ruled the Indian film industry in his prime and is going even stronger now, in a matured age. Amitabh has not only proven his acting skill in Indian Cinema but has received worldwide acclaim with his statue at the Madam Tussads museum speaking volumes about his popularity. Here is a look at some of the lesser know facts about this superstar of the century, which his fans surely would not like to miss.
- Amitabh Bacchan is an ambidextrous person, a quality that is extremely rare. He can write equally well using both of his hands.
- His father, Harivansh Rai Bacchan, was a renowned poet and has contributed heavily with his compositions in the freedom fight of India. It was his patriotic inclination that made him want to name his son “Inqualab” meaning revolution. But eventually he named him “Amitabh” which means “unlimited brilliance”.
- Amitabh Bacchan had an inclination towards engineering as his career option and has once contemplated joining the Indian Air Force at one point of his life.
- Amitabh struggled a lot to establish himself. It is said that during his struggling days he has spent many nights on the bench at Marine Drive, Mumbai. This speaks volumes about the actor’s resolve and determination to do something big in life that he eventually did.
- During the shooting of “Khuda Gawah” with Sri Devi as the female lead in the movie, a very interesting thing happened. The movie was being shot in Afganisthan. The then president of Afganisthan readily offered half of his country’s air force for the protection of the superstar. The movie remains the most watch Bollywood movie in Afganisthan.
- Amitabh Bacchan has a sharp memory and remembers the birth days and special days of his near and dear ones and never fails to wish them.
- Bacchan deems Waheeda Rehman as the most beautiful actress in the Bollywood movie industry.
- He was the first Indian and first Asian whose wax statue was hosted in London’s famous Madame Tussaud's wax museum.
- Amitabh met his wife Jaya Bhadbury first at the Film and Television institute of India in Pune and later at the sets of the movie “Guddi” that they did together.
- He earned the award of “Star of the millennium” by BBC online.