Rape accused Inder Kumar released on bail


With lack of evidence Bollywood actor Inder Kumar was released on bail on Monday as per sources. His manager Om Lakhani informed that he was granted bail. Inder was released on a surety of Rs 30,000.

"The police could not find any evidence against him and he was granted bail yesterday against a bond of Rs.30,000," Lakhani told IANS Tuesday.

The victim said Inder raped on the pretext of landing her role in movies. “The victim alleged, she had been sexually assaulted twice in three days by Inder Kumar, who promised her lead roles in Bollywood movies,” additional Police Commissioner Milind Bharambe had said at the time of his arrest.

At the time of his arrest, Inder Kumar had said, “The girl is a struggler and not to be given any importance. I was on a hi and bye terms with her. In fact, she and my wife Pallavi had a big fight. I have sorted things out with my wife and she is with me. The girl has gone and filed a complaint, but what she is saying is untrue.”

Inder Kumar who shared screen space with Salman Khan in movies like ‘Wanted’, ‘Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge’ and ‘Kahi Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye’ has been booked under sections 376 (Rape), 324 (causing grevious hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said, based on the complaint made by the victim.

Soon after the incidence the victim was sent for medical investigation which confirms rape.

The aspiring model accused Inder of putting her into captivity and abusing her thrice over a month. Senior Inspector, H Parmale of Versova Police Station stated that the case will now be strengthened since the medical reports speak against Inder Kumar.

"There are signs of cigarette burn marks on her shoulders and neck, bite marks on her arms and marks of her being stabbed with a fork," said a police source. "The medical reports have confirmed the crime and will assist in strengthening the case further," said the cop.

On the other side, Inder claimed that he had physical relationship with the girl’s consent and the charges against him are false. "She readily accepted my proposal and I didn't force her. I never abused her either. I admit that I got intimate with her as I was having problems with my wife but I never raped her," stated the accused actor.

Inder's wife Pallavi Saraf also called a media conference and spoke in favour of her husband putting all the blames on the victim. "I agree my husband did a mistake but he never raped her. I won't let that girl to take advantage of the problems in our relationship and I will surely fight for my husband," said Inder's wife Pallavi Saraf.