‘Raaz Reboot’ hasn’t leaked, it was bogus file: Vikram Bhatt
Filmmaker Vikram Bhatt on Wednesday denied that his upcoming film ‘Raaz Reboot’ has leaked online. He said the leaked matter was in fact, a bogus file in its name which was made available online to warn miscreants.
Reports of the movie being leaked surfaced on Tuesday night and #RaazRebootLeaked trended on Twitter. The film’s lead actor Emraan Hashmi immediately posted a message on the micro-blogging site requesting his fans to watch the film in theatres only. He also wrote a heart-felt not against piracy.
Speaking over phone to news agency IANS, Vikram Bhatt said, “It's not really leaked. We put in a bogus file because we know what's been happening for the past few films, and we have understood that."
The director added that he was astonished to see that within 10 to 15 minutes of the news that the film has been leaked online, 5,000 downloads had happened. "5,000 downloads of a film which was not even 'Raaz Reboot'. So this is how Torrents is destroying the business. Now this (planting a bogus file) is our way of warning those people to stay away from our content. So, no, the film has not leaked,” he clarified.
Previously, Shahid Kapoor-starrer ‘Udta Punjab’, Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ and Riteish Deshmukh’s ‘Great Grand Masti’ were leaked online. There were speculations that the leaked prints were actually censor copies submitted for examination. The censor board had denied the allegations.
Vikram Bhatt also doesn’t think that anybody from the censor board is behind leaking the films. “I don’t think that the censor board is leaking copies. I know I have an ongoing fight with the censor board, but that doesn’t mean that I am going to stand up and say that ‘Censor Board leaked the copy’. That’s not true.”
‘Raaz Reboot’ starring Emraan Hashmi, Gaurav Arora and Kriti Kharbanda is scheduled to hit screens on September 16.