Must watch movies of 2014
After a befitting end to Bollywood in 2013 with Dhoom 3, let us have a look at what 2014 has to offer. With seasoned actors in promising roles, 2014 seems to be a colourful journey.
1. Dedh Ishqiya – the sequel to the movie ‘Ishqiya’, this movie has a lot more to offer with Madhuri Dixit and Huma Qureshi joining the happy go lucky thieves played by Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah. The movie will see a pairing of Madhuri and Naseeruddin while Arshad will be paired with Huma. Directed by Abhishek Chaubey, the film will be released on 10th January, 2014.
2. Mr. Joe b. Carvalho – An upcoming comedy movie, the movie stars Arshad Warsi and Soha Ali Khan in lead roles as a detective and a police officer respectively. Bollywood funnymen Vijay Raaz and Javed Jaffery will be starring the film. Soha has donned a bikini for this film and her beau Kunal Khemu has a special appearance in the film. Directed by Samir Tewari, the film is slated for release on 3rdJanuary, 2014.
3. Miss Lovely – a period drama, this film is about the Mumbai C-grade (horror and porn) film industry. The film revolves around the lives of the Duggal brothers who produced sleazy horror films in the mid 1980s. Although brothers, the mutually destructive relationship between the two and the younger’s infatuation with a mysterious woman leads him to his downfall. Directed by Samir Ahluwalia, the film is slated for release on 17th January, 2014.
4. Lakshmi – a film by Nagesh Kukunoor, this film explores the dark reality of human trafficking, child trafficking and life in the red light areas of India. The role of Lakshmi, played by Monali Thakur , is extremely moving and the movie has been done in a spectacular manner, reminding us of Madhur Bhandarkar’s style. The film is slated for release on 17th January, 2014.
5. Yaariyaan – A film by Divya Khosla Kumar, this film is all about friends in college, their lives, their ideas, their trials and tribulations. Set in Sikkim, the film revolves around five close friends who explore friendship, love, problems, understandings, breakup, hurt and bonding. The film is to be released on 10th January 2014.
6. Jai Ho – Salman Khan is back, this time with a vengeance as
an ex-army person. He wants to make the place a better place to live and is
ready to fight it out, if necessary. The film is slated for release on 24th January, 2014.