MNS men molested staff, demand 5 lakh from Raj Kundra’s staff

10 MNS workers barged into Raj Kundra’s office and demanded 5 lakhs from his staff. They entered forcibly into Mumbai's Filmalaya studio on Saturday and molested the receptionist. The 10 workers were arrested.

Led by Ghanshyam Parab, the gang reached the studio at 7.45pm. A female receptionist who tried to stop them was allegedly manhandled, according to the police.

"The MNS party workers demanded a sum of Rs 5 lakh and threatened to stall the Super Fight League event if they weren't paid. They used iron rods and wooden sticks to assault two male staffers, Saifee and Shakir, as their monetary demands weren't met," said a police official. By then, bouncers reached the spot and struck back at the MNS workers. The DN Nagar police was informed and eight of the party workers were arrested.

An hour later, while the police were still present at the site, another group of around 50 MNS workers stormed into the office site. Their peers being thrashed, this group went on the rampage. "They smashed windowpanes of vehicles, furniture and electronic items. They used abusive language and also manhandled a few of the cops present. An official from Kundra's company, Daniel Issac, was injured," the official added. Two MNS workers from the second contingent were arrested.

"Kundra's car and a Mahindra Xylo, belonging to the MNS, were damaged in the incident, apart from two bikes. Kundra wasn't aware of the goings-on at that time. His statement has been recorded," added an official.

Amey Khopkar, head of MNS's film wing, said, "It is ridiculous to even think that our men would land up at a studio in such large numbers to extort money. The fact is that some of our workers had been hired to participate as audience members in the mixed martial arts event. Later, they were abruptly told that their services weren't required. Our men had merely gone to the studio to inquire why they were being treated in this manner. The bouncers thrashed them so badly that five of them had to be hospitalized. The police refused to entertain our complaint against the bouncers."

A large force was deployed at the studio. Senior police officers, including the assistant police commissioner and the deputy police commissioner, arrived at the site. Those arrested were produced before a holiday court on Sunday and remanded in police custody till October 29. The cops are investing the case.