Madhur Bhandarkar gets relief from rape case


It’s a day of great relief for filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar. Supreme Court has stayed the criminal proceedings against filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar in an alleged rape case.

The Court has issued notices to Preeti Jain, the victim seeking their replies on Bhandarkar's plea to nullify the case. In July 2004, Pretti Jain created sensation accusing the national award winning director of raping her 16 times on the pretext of giving her a lead role in his film.

Pretti claimed that she slept with Bhandarkar from 1999-2004 as he promised her a role in his films and marriage.

In her statement, Preeti, alleged, "We had sex 16 times and Madhur made promises of giving me a lead role in his films. However, he didn't offer me a lead role in any of his movies. At times when I refused, he raped me."

In September 2005, Preeti was arrested reportedly for hiring a contract killer for Rs.70,000 to murder Mr Bhandarkar.

In November last year, the Bombay High Court had granted bail to Mr Bhandarkar on a bond of Rs. 30,000 and two sureties.

Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar says he is relived after the Supreme Court on Monday stayed the criminal proceedings against him.

"I am speechless and overwhelmed with the kind of relief I got from the trauma me and my family has been going through from last eight years," Bhandarkar told Times Now after the verdict was announced.


Related Bollywood Pictures

  • Celebrity Shared Social Media Images
  • Salman & Shah Rukh Khan meet again at Iftaar party
  • Bollywood Events Photos 2012
  • 59th Idea Filmfare Awards 2013
  • Shah Rukh Khan conferred with 'Knight of the Legion of Honour'