Interesting on screen jodis – Bollywood 2014
Bollywood has got off to promising start by wrapping up 2014 with ‘Dhoom 3’ and starting the year with releases like ‘Lakshmi’ and ‘Happy New Year’. An interesting feature this year are the on screen jodis most of which have never been paired before. Let’s take a quick look at a few.
1. Farhan Akhtar and Shah Rukh Khan – although they have worked together previously as director-producer and actor, this year will see them in a new avatar as protagonist and antagonist in Rahul Dholakia’s upcoming film ‘Raees’. Interestingly, Farhan will play a cop and SRK, a bootlegger. The film is set in Gujarat.
2. Vidya Balan and Farhan Akhtar – these two shall be seen in a Balaji-PNC co production ‘Shaadi ke Side Effects’. As we know, life is not the hyped bed of roses after marriage apparently. This film shows us how. Vidya plays an overprotective mother in the romantic comedy directed by Saket Chaudhary.
3. Farhan Akhtar and Kareena Kapoor – Farhan and Kareena will be starring as a couple in Dev Benegal’s ‘Bombay Samurai’. It wll be their first film as actor-actor together with Kareena having worked previously in Farhan’s home production ‘Talaash’. The film is to release towards the end of 2014.
4. Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor – they were a hot favourite on screen jodi a decade ago. After Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Main Prem ki Diwani Hoon’, the film ‘Shuddhi’ will see the two working together once more. The film is directed by Karan Malhotra and is to go on floor in July.
5. Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar – Farhan seems to have a lot in his kitty. He will come together with Amitabh Bachchan in a Vidhu Vinod Chopra film to be directed by Bejoy Nambiar.
6. Dhanush and Amitabh Bachchan – the two actors are to work together in R. Balki’s untitled film.this film also has Kamal Haasan’s daughter Akshara making her debut.
7. Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif – the duo have been cast in the film ‘Race’ although not opposite each other. They shall be seen in Kabir Khan’s ‘Phantom’.
8. Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma – the two will be paired together in ‘Bombay Velvet’ directed by Anurag Kashyap. It is slated for a Christmas release. Ranbir was earlier planned to be cast alongside Anushka in ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ which he turned down and regretted later.
9. Anushka Sharma and Neil Bhoopalam – the two are to be seen as
a jodi in Navdeep Singh’s ‘NH 10’.