Fawad Khan finally breaks silence on India-Pak tension

Pakistani and Bollywood heartthrob Fawad Khan finally breaks his silence on the India-Pakistan issue and expresses his views on the Uri attacks, the subsequent ban on Pakistani actors the Indian Motion Pictures Producers' Association (IMPPA) and the false statements atrributed to him in the past few weeks.

Earlier, report surfaced on media that Fawad Khan had gone back to Pakistan following the threat by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) urging the Pak artists to go back to their country and it was also said that on reaching Pakistan the actor had said that "Indian person's heart is so small." However, Fawad in his officially issued statement clears the airs on various issues.

The ‘Kapoor & Sons’ actor took to Facebook to express his sentiments regarding the Uri terror attacks of September 18 which resulted in the death of 19 soldiers.

I've been in Lahore since July as my wife and I had been expecting our second child.

I've received numerous requests from the media and from well wishers worldwide asking me for my thoughts on the sad incidents that took place in the past few weeks. As a father of two little children, I pray and wish like many others that together we can build and live in a more peaceful world. I believe we owe it to our children who will shape our tomorrow.

This is the first time I have spoken on the matter. Please disregard any other words attributed to me during this time because I have not said them. I thank all my fans and fellow artists from Pakistan, India and people in general all over the world who have shown continued support for their belief in love and understanding to unite a divisive world.

On the work front, Fawad Khan will be next seen in Karan Johar’s ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’.