Bollywood Top Ten Weddings – 2013
Bollywood saw a spate of weddings in the year 2013. Celebrity wedding nobility, glitz, glamour and extravagance, name it! 2013 Bollywood weddings had it all. As we prepare to bid adieu to this year and move on to see what the next year has in store, let us take a look at the past nuptials this year.
1. Udita Goswami and Mohit Suri – Actor Udita Goswami and filmmaker Mohit Suri tied the knot on 30th January this year. The couple had met on the sets of the movie Zeher which was directed by Suri. The wedding took place at ISKCON temple, Juhu and the reception was held at Mahalakshmi Race Course on January 31.
2. Nikhil Dwivedi and Gaurie Pandit – Actor Nikhil dwivedi, who made his film debut with ‘My name is Anthony Gonsalves’ and acted in ‘Khalbali’ married Gaurie Pndit at Beach Towers, Mumbai.
3.Shweta Varma and Rustam Tiwari – Shweta Varma,first cousin to Gauri Khan married entrepreneur Rustam Tiwari at a grand wedding at Chattarpur, Delhi. The Mehendi ceremony was held at Gauri Khan’s home.
4. Bhavana Balsaver – Actress Bhavana Balsaver married director and Reliance Big Pictures Senior Producer Karan Shah at Bhavana’s Juhu home. The wedding was a simple Arya Samaj function.
5. Revathi and Pranav – Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma’s daughter Revathi, a medico got married to doctor Pranav at Hotel Mariott in Hyderabad on August 17, 2013. It was a simple intimate affair with close relatives with classy and minimal decor.
6. Vishesh Bhatt and Kanika Purab – Filmmaker Vishesh Bhatt married his long time girlfriend Kanika Purab in Udaipur on November 25, 2013. The wedding was a star studded event, with the reception on November 28, 2013.
7.Shaad Ali and Aarti Patkar – Directore Shaad Ali of ‘Bunty aur Babli’ fame married Aarti Patkar in January. Most of Bollywood made it to the grand event.
8. Chahatt Khanna and Farhan Mirza – The TV actors married after a five month long dating spree. They had a 15 day pre-honeymoon trip to Nainital and another post honeymoon trip to the Maldives.
9. Rupali Ganguly and Ashwin Verma – Rupali and Ashwin had a traditional Bengali wedding after twelve years of friendship. Bogged down with work, they had no plans for a honeymoon, resuming shooting four days later.
10. Anjum Farooki and Saqib Syed – The pair tied the knot
after a year of their engagement on February 4, 2012. They had a 15 day trip
honeymoon to Malaysia and Singapore.