Bollywood: Top 10 Patriotic Songs
As India celebrates its 65th Republic day today, we bring to you some timeless Bollywood patriotic songs sung and composed by noted composer and singers of Bollywood.
1."Aye mere pyare watan, aye mere bichchde chaman,Tujhpe dil qurban!"
This is one of the most popular patriotic songs from Bollywood from the film, ‘Kabuliwala’ (1961). Composed brilliantly by Salil Chaudhury and was composed on the eve of Indo-China war in 1962. Late singer Manna Dey sung the song and lyrics composed by Gulzar.
2. "Aye Watan, aye watan... hum ko teri kasam, Teri rahon mein jaan tak luta jayenge..!"
This is one of the brilliant patriotic songs sung by Mohammed Rafi and music composed by Prem Dhawan. The song is from the fim, ‘Shaheed’ (1965). The film is based on freedom fighter Bhagat Singh, played by Manoj Kumar.
3. "Aye Preet jahan ki reet sada, main geet wahan ke gaata hoon, Bharat ka rehne wala hoon, Bharat ki baat sunaata hoon..!"
This classic song is from the film ‘Purab Aur Pachhim’ (1970) starring Manoj Kumar in the lead. Composed by Kalyanji-Anandji and sung by Mahendra Kapoor. The lyrics of the song was composed by Indeevar. The film deals with East-West divide.
4. 'Kar chale hum fida jaan-o-tan saathiyon, Ab tumhare hawale watan saathiyon!'
This touching patriotic song is from the film ‘Haqeekat’ (1965) starring Dharmendra and Priya Rajvansh. Music composed by Madan Mohan and sung by Mahammed Rafi, the lyrics of the song was composed by Kaifi Azmi.
5. "De Di Hume azadi, bina khadig bina dhhal, Saabarmati ke Sant tu ne kar diyaa kamaal"
This soothing patriotic song is from the film, 'Jaagruti' (1954), music composed by versatile singer Hemant Kumat and lyrics penned by Pradeep. Sung by none other than the most successful singer of India, Asha Bhosle. This song is right on the dawn of Independence.
6. 'Apni azadi ko hum hargiz mita sakte nahin, Sar kata sakte hain lekin sar jhuka sakte nahin'
This patriotic song is from the film, ‘Leader’ (1965). The music has been composed by Naushad and lyrics penned by Shakil Badaymi. It is a duet song sung by Mohammed Rafi and the nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar.
7. 'Yeh jo desh hai tera, swadesh hai tera'
This heart-warming patriotic song is from the film ‘Swades’ sung by AR Rahman and music composed by AR Rahman. The lyrics has been penned by Javed Akhtar. The film stars Aamir Khan in the lead.
8. "Insaf ki dagar pe, bachchon dikhao chalke; Yeh desh hai tumhaara, neta tumhi ho kal ke..."
The song is from the film 'Ganga Jamuna' (1961). The music has been composed by Naushad and legendary singer Hemant Kumar landed his voice. Shakeel Badayuni penned the lyrics. The film featured Dilip Kumar and brother Nazir Khan in the lead.
9. 'Dulhan chali, teen rang ki doli...'
This motivating song is from the film is ‘Purab Aur Pachhim’ (1970) starring Manoj Kumar. Lyricist penned by Indeevar and music composed by director Kalyanji-Anandji. Mahendra Kapoor was behind the mike. Manoj Kumar addresses the nation not as the mother but as a bride.
10. 'Jine Naaz hai hind par who kahan hai...!'
This is a timeless song from the film, ‘Pyaasa’ (1957) starring versatile Guru Dutt. Lyrics penned by Sahir Ludhianvi and music composed by SD Burman. Mohammed Rafi sung the song.