B'day Special: Hidden facts about Sunny Leone
When it was revealed that Sunny Leone, a former adult film star will make her entry in Bollywood, some were shocked, some were surprised and some treated her with utter contempt. Questions were raised whether to introduce an adult film star in Bollywood (An industry that prides itself on ‘family entertainment’) was morally right. Sunny finally made her debut in Puja Bhatt’s erotic thriller ‘Jism 2’ in the year 2012.
Even though it mainly featured mid-level stars alongside Sunny, the film turned out to be commercially successful. Since then in the last 2 years she has developed a decent following thanks to her killer looks and charming, intelligent personality. She celebrates her 33rd birthday on May 13th, 2014. So on this occasion let us shed some light on the lesser known but interesting facts of her life.
· At first glance you may not realize it, but Sunny is of Indian origin. Her parents were Sikh Punjabi and her real name is Karenjit Kaur Vohra.
· Her birth place is Ontario, Canada but she later moved to Lake Forest, California with her family when she was 13.
· Although Sunny is a Sikh, her parents admitted her in a catholic school as they felt public school would not be safe for her.
· Sunny has revealed that she did her first kissing at 11, let go of her virginity at sixteen and discovered that she was a bi-sexual at the age of 18.
· She started her working career at a German Bakery. Later she worked at ‘Jiffy Lube’, an automotive services company and a tax firm.
· While she was studying to become a nurse, she was introduced to Jay Allen, a photographer for ‘Penthouse’ men’s magazine. She began posing as a model for the magazine and it paved way for an adult film career.
· During her adult film career she has acted in 52 films and directed 51 films.
· Her mainstream career started with the 2004 American comedy film, ‘The Girl Next Door’. She also appeared in famous rapper Ja Rule’s music video- ‘Livin' It Up’.
· She was offered the lead role in Mohit Suri’s ‘Kalyug’ but the producers could not meet her fee demand of $1 million.
· Her favorite Bollywood actor is Amir Khan.
· She is very interested in health and fitness
· Sunny is an animal lover and has two pet dogs. She appeared in a PETA ad campaign in 2013