Ankita Lokhande’s bedroom catches fire, suffers burn in neck and hands


Television actress Ankita Lokhande’s bedroom catches fire while performing the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi. She suffered burnt in her neck and hands but thankfully her face saved. Sushant Singh Rajput's ex-girlfriend Ankita Lokhande had a narrow escape from the major fire tragedy.

When contacted, Ankita said, "Well, I don’t know how I could burn myself while performing a puja, unless I was sitting inside the havankund itself."

Elaborated Ankita, "I had lit an aroma candle in my room. I don’t know how my curtain caught fire and before I knew my bedroom was on fire. I tried a lot to salvage the disaster but in the process, I burnt both my hands and neck. 

Thank God that my face was not burnt! And you know what! Right outside my bedroom balcony, I had 4 gas cylinders, I shudder to think what would have happened if...," she trailed off, and then after a long pause, added, "I guess my good karma saved me from a major disaster."

The 'Pavitra Rishta' actress added: “Right now I’m recovering, the wounds are healing but I have to be very careful as they can’t rub against my clothes or any objects. It hurts and it hurts a lot. My bedroom is a wreck and the repairs are on".

Here's wishing the actress a speedy recovery!