Ajay Devgn loses battle against Yash Raj Films
‘Son Of Sardar’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, both these movies are releasing in Diwali, 13th November. SOS are being produced by Ajay Devgn Films PVT Ltd and JTHJ by Yash Raj banner. Unfortunately, both the movies are making news for some wrong reasons. Ajay has sent a legal notice to Yash Raj Films for influencing the distributors to screen their film in small theatres. Finally,, the decision has come in YRF favor saying that Ajay’s complaint carries no merit.
The Competition Commission Of India (CCI) has rejected actor Ajay Devgn’s complaint. Actor-producer Devgn's complaint came ahead of the film release,” The Commission has rejected the complaint of Ajay Devgn against Yash Raj Films as there was no merit in it. The complaint does not fall under any area that violates Competition rules," said a senior official of the CCI.
The fair trade regulator said that Ajay’s complaint is baseless and found no violation of Section 3 of the Competition Act that relates to anti- competitive agreements. According to the official, the final judgment was passed last evening.
Ajay Devgn Films Pvt Ltd had moved to the CCI claiming that YRF has been using its dominant position to sway exhibitors to offer more single screens to its upcoming release, Jab Tak Hai Jaan and leaving very minimum theatres for Son of Sardaar on November 13. The Delhi High Court on Friday asked the CCI to examine the case.
SOS is getting very less screening all over India in comparison to JTHJ.
Last week, Yash
Raj Films had denied monopolization of exhibitors.
"For a company like ours, which has maintained the highest standards of work ethics and fair play, this has really come as a shock. We would like to clarify at the outset that we still haven't received any notice from the Commission and will suitably represent our stance if and when called upon to do so. A Yash Chopra / Shah Rukh Khan [movie, coming after a gap of 8 long years, did not need any coercion for contractual screening," YRF had said in a statement.