5 Most Awaited Bollywood Releases of 2010
The second half of 2009 was a dull one. With duds like What's Your Raashee, Main aur Mrs. Khanna, Blue, the only way to look up is to look forward. Here's a look at some of the releases for next year.
5. Karthik Calling Karthik: This one is starring Farhan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone. Having been in the news for quite a long time, this film, scheduled for a February release promises to be a good watch, especially with the very natural and amicable Farhan in the lead.
4. Rajneeti: This one comes from Prakash Jha, the director of the critically acclaimed Gangaajal. Starring Ranbir Kapoor, Ajay Devgan and Manoj Bajpai (Nana Patekar isn’t there anymore), it’ll be surely interesting to watch how chocolate boy Ranbir handles serious cinema.
3. Ishqiya: We've all seen the trailers and they look absolutely fabulous (yes, even Vidya Balan). The unconventional story with a Vishal Bharadwajesque treatment by his protégé Abhishek Chaubey, ‘thif one fould be on the lift for every film enthusiast. The film is said to have some really bold scenes and powerful dialogues (there's Naseeruddin Shah, no?)
2. Rann: Ram Gopal Verma returns to what he does best. Dark and powerful cinema. The first look of the film is enough to lure viewers to the screens, even if RGV carries the baggage such ‘Aag’ and ‘James’ with him. Watch out for Amitabh Bachchan’s performance as a news media baron.
1. My Name Is Khan: It’s been talked about for almost two months. Karan Johar returns to direct his favourite couple SRK and Kajol set again in New York, but this time in a serious backdrop, that of the 9/11 massacre. There have been many controversies created regarding the film, and it has all worked for the publicity. Let’s see if the film lives up to its mammoth expectations.